Hacker classification?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Certified Ethical Hacker can get anywhere between $60k to $120k a year (if you work in the White House [$120k].

Saxon, you really should get a the Ethical Hacker cert, I think you'd ace it like crazy.

Lol, can you like go to hacker school or something to become an ethical hacker?

I wouldn't think so.

I think this isn't something you really learn from a book, but more from a practical application approach, basically what Saxon does with the spammers here who hide behind their puny proxies.

As what i know, not much mind you, to "Hack" its more about knowing about the network devices, protocols, how programs work, etc. This you learn through education.. Just like art school. Then you take the learned knowledge, And bend it to what you need it to do, how you wsant to manipulate it etc.

Soi yes, you do goto school, but not to hack, but to learn about the devices and such.

Well as vern an the other mods will tell you I am going to uni to study Computer forensics that's about as close as you can get if you want to go into Computer Security research but you can do the SANS courses they are aimed towards security pros an Sysadmins, you can get your CISSP, compITA have a security certification and there is a few more.

If any one is interested I will write up a how to break into the security field tutorial explaining all the different certifications etc. Any one who is serious about getting into security I will give you a bit of advice and that is get used to the protocols the software (not just metasploit and core impact) and develop a healthy level of tinfoil hat syndrome.

I know that a Computer Science degree and programming can help a lot with that as well. Like Saxon said the computer forensics is almost as close as you can get as well. Once you understand networks and the internet as well as programming and software I think you could pretty much unstoppable.

Saxon said:
If any one is interested I will write up a how to break into the security field tutorial explaining all the different certifications etc. Any one who is serious about getting into security I will give you a bit of advice and that is get used to the protocols the software (not just metasploit and core impact) and develop a healthy level of tinfoil hat syndrome.
Teach away, professor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom