Crossfire on Nvidia motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulofadra6on

Baseband Member
Hello, i just have a question, hopefully it can get answered. A little while ago i purchased some parts from Mwave to build my first computer...i had mentioned to them that i planned on buying a Nvidia geforce 9800GTX in it and they suggested i buy an Asus P5N-D motherboard. the link is here

mwave.com: ASUS P5N-D nvidia nforce 750i sli chipset ATX form factor 2xPCI-E(x16)/2xPCI-E(x1)/2xpci/4xddr2 w/sata2 raid,lan(gb),1394,usb 2.0 & audio (cpu type:intel - socket 775)

i later changed my mind and bought an ati radeon HD 4850 from circuit city before they went out of business ( i got it for stupid cheap) i was wondering if the motherboard i ordered, which shows it's only SLI compatible would run a 2nd 4850 in crossfire mode?

It won't be happening, you need either an x58 board (for i7 only), p55 (for i5/i7 only) or an AMD Chipset board.

Why not just sell the P5N-D board? It's really sub-par in oc'ing compared to its competition and you can get a board that has the features you want.

It won't be happening, you need either an x58 board (for i7 only), p55 (for i5/i7 only) or an AMD Chipset board.

Why not just sell the P5N-D board? It's really sub-par in oc'ing compared to its competition and you can get a board that has the features you want.

hmm, that was an option i was considering but i didnt want to take apart everything..especially the processor because i had Mwave install and test it so i dont wanna do something wrong and mess it up :(

what motherboards would you recommend me getting? I have an intel core duo E8500 processor so i want a motherboard that is compatible with that AND crossfire

puddle jumper, does that Mobo support crossfire? it doesnt say on the specifications.

also, i just read a post that a new generation of video cards are coming out, should i just wait to get the new ATI so i wouldnt need to crossfire? or maybe hold out till the price drops on a GTX285-295? hmmm..ahhh decisions

They are supposedly supposed to be coming out on September 23rd.

I'd definitely look into them too.

Yes, the TP45HP supports crossfire.

The new ATI cards should be out by the end of the month so it would probably be worth waiting to see how they perform and to see if they cause any price drops.

From the limited info available so far it's likely that a single HD 5870 could outperform crossfire HD 4850's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom