new asus laptop video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulofadra6on

Baseband Member
my brother just bought a new Asus UV50 from fry's a few weeks ago.

FRYS.com | Asus

the problem is when he tries to play the game "champions online" it keeps telling him the video card drivers are out of date. we have tried searching on Asus's website for updated video drivers for their notebooks as well as Nvidia's website (his card is a Nvidia geforce G105M).

on Asus' website it shows the driver is up to date with driver version 179.84. However i went onto Nvidia's website and i dont know if im doing it right but there's a version 186.xx that i downloaded but it cant seem to install every component.

I did the usual Download, opened the program from the recent download window and it went ahead to the nvidia set up screen. the only components that were ready to be installed were the HD audio components.

i went snooping around the file folder which i Found an application for Phys (forgot the entire name) and i installed that...i also found a 2nd set up application below the Phys application which i tried to install but it gave me an error saying something like my hardware does not support that

i know my ramblings may be incoherent but if anyone has any idea of what's up that would be greatly appreciated =0

Are you sure the G105M meets 'Champions Online's' minimum specifications? If so, do you have the latest updates for the game installed?

PhysX, to which I believe you are referring, is for fancy physics graphics; your GPU does not support it.

Are you sure the G105M meets 'Champions Online's' minimum specifications? If so, do you have the latest updates for the game installed?

PhysX, to which I believe you are referring, is for fancy physics graphics; your GPU does not support it.

Yeah.... last time I checked, the G105M is a Grade 3 card. Like my GeForce 9600 on my last laptop scored higher.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/laptop-graphics-cards-ranking-list-165525/
Class 3 Low-Midrange Graphics Cards
Lower end of Graphics Cards for users who want to play games. New games should run on these cards, but only with decreased details and mediocre resolution.
» GeForce G 105M

sorry for the no reply..i dont know if the videocard is good enough for the game...all i read is that it has 512mb..and the recommended card for the game said it recommends 256mb so i assumed it was good enough =( but after reading these forums for a few days and checking out the video card list for laptops im beginning to understand lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom