next generation graphics card, should I wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was me I would be too impatient to wait for Nvidia. The $400 5870 seems like a good deal to me.

If it was me I would be too impatient to wait for Nvidia. The $400 5870 seems like a good deal to me.

I agree.. Phil and Slaymate misread what I said o_O

I don't see the point of waiting for a card that's going to be the same performance as a card that's going to be released at least a month earlier, which might be more expensive in the first place. Plus, if the HD 5870 can take maxing out a game with Eyefinity, it should be at least 2x as good as the HD 4870.

Agreed.

Based off what we have seen about the HD 5870 so far it shouldn't have a problem maxing out any game on the market even at fairly high resolutions.

but what if Nvidia bring out a card thats better?! :O. or is that not possible? btw where is this thread about the next gen graphics card on here? link anyone?

but it's possible that nivida's offering will match the 5870 and that could lower the price on the 5870 or vice versa. i'd say get a GTX 260 C216 or 4870 1GB now and wait till xmas before buying another card. because a 4870/c216 will pretty much max anything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom