Lag after ~30 seconds of playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daner

Solid State Member
Hello guys.
I want to tell you about my issue and hope that you can help me. Ok, I've been playing GTA:SA:MP for a long time and never encountered this kind of lag. About three days ago I suddenly had around 10-15 FPS when playing. Usually I have ~30. So I reinstalled SA and SA:MP. When I get into the game I have normal FPS, but after about half a minute it goes down to around 15 FPS. I thought it might be some virus or something, so I formatted and reinstalled Windows XP SP3. Downloaded everything back; DirectX 9.0c, updated drivers and everything. Still, I had the same problem.

I thought it might be overheating, so I download RivaTuner and set the fan speed from 50% to 100% - Nothing changed except higher noise level. So I monitored the temperature with RivaTuner as well. Without playing, it's ~59. When getting into game it's ~62. So it probably isn't overheating. I still have the same kind of lag. Do you guys know what is causing it? Btw I have a 8600GT 512MB.

Your cards probably just cutting it...

What are your full specs?
Have you issues with other games... I like to use 3dmark as a guide to see if my cards crap'n out.. not the best, but knowing what i should have, and what it is heelps eliminate gpu or cpu type thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom