Video Card problem, Unsure of how to describe, HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a motherboard owner's manual ? I believe there should be something mentioned of how to enter the BIOS screen, the key you need to hold down when the system starts up to enter the BIOS screen. On my Dell, it happens to be the DEL key, some machines it's F2, there are many different ones for different BIOS's.

I know how to enter the BIOS screen, but what should I do once I get there?
Thanks.

You could try the default settings option, there should be one. It puts it back to the factory settings. From there, you could later try reinstalling the video card and uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for it.

No you don't have to reinstall any programs and you won't lose any data. It just sets the hardware to factory defaults, which should change for you too much, since you haven't probably messed with the BIOS much to begin with. Then it would be just a matter of installing your video card and see if it is detected, and install drivers, etc.

I wouldn't put anything in an oven that wasn't edible, but that's just me. Wouldn't get your warranty to work for you doing that, if there is one still. :p

Haha I don't have the courage either.

I'll try that tomorrow, it's getting late =]
Also, I think this problem may be called 'checker board artifact.' Or at least, thats how you describe it, but not sure. Seems to be related to overclocked video cards? No too sure, But I didn't overclock anything O:

Thanks =]

First and foremost, update your graphics drivers. You're running on 181.71 back from March, and the newest out is 190.62. Get GPU-Z and take a screen shot of it running, along with a screen shot of the Sensors tab.

ah i see. i just got it replaced by warranty. thanks to all ~ can close this now =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom