wtf..damn u best buy..F.U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but 30 bucks???
What would you like the store to charge for a shyt ordeal like that? Minimum wage only covers the employee, and that's if he gets paid minimum wage. Then you got to pay for the other expenses, such as the facility, processing, etc. THEN...you have to make a profit.

I don't know where you come from but $30 for servicing in ANY business is CHEAP!

They are bad, but, Nazis?!?! Ouch
I could think of a few other names:

Undertrained
Underpaid
Undersupported
Lackadaisical

Best-Buy's service department can't really be described as "Nazi"-like. I mean, they tell you what they charge (and if they don't you can ask, AS YOU SHOULD). If you don't want the service, you can leave and you're not finished.

Microsoft's licensing department could be called "Nazi"-like, though. "You're gonna do it, our way, right now, without question...or your dead" (software-wise).

NewEgg's service department is very Nazi-like. I called them today, twice, and it was like calling my mother when she's upset with me. Jeez...

Yep.... I've always disliked bestbuy, compUSgay and any other retail stores that do comp service.... with that said I hate mechanic shops too that work on cars.

Email BestBuy customer support and tell them of the problems your having in a civilized manner.A good fraze to use would be "Your Branch at bla bla address have been working on my computer .They havent fixed anything and yet they continue charging me.Are the people working at this store qualified to do the job your paying them to do?I plan on filing a complaint with BBB(Better Bussiness Bureau).So far the $150.00 ive paid them
was for nothing.I would like my computer fixed without having to pay again.Or a full refund and take my business elsewhere .

Cappy said:
Email BestBuy customer support and tell them of the problems your having in a civilized manner.A good fraze to use would be "Your Branch at bla bla address have been working on my computer .They havent fixed anything and yet they continue charging me.Are the people working at this store qualified to do the job your paying them to do?I plan on filing a complaint with BBB(Better Bussiness Bureau).So far the $150.00 ive paid them
was for nothing.I would like my computer fixed without having to pay again.Or a full refund and take my business elsewhere .

i am soo gonan do that, i knew i haerd of a better bussiness bureau, but i wasnt sure.

I do computer work!

I worrk for a local bank doing PC helpdesk work all day long the n gohome and do it for people as side business and I love it I find by charging $20 an hour I can under cut all the other local businesses and still make good profit. BTW I would only charge $5 to install ram if the customer already had it. If I had to research and find wich ram worke dfor that system then install it I would charge $20 cause that would take me about an hour to do! I Would also charge them the cost fo the ram of course!

wongb18c - Yep.... I've always disliked bestbuy, compUSgay and any other retail stores that do comp service.... with that said I hate mechanic shops too that work on cars.
Depends entirely on the store. I've been in some down right shytty Best Buys, and I've been in some great ones. Same with compUSA, MicroCenter, etc. Some are good, some are bad.

If you don't know anything about computers, retail service departments are great! If you know enough about computers to know BestBuy isn't the greatest on tech support, you shouldn't be taking your computer to Best-Buy in the first place! BestBuy is for old people, families who don't know, and also...(gasp)...people who don't have enough damn time to do it themselves. :confused:

As for car mechanic shops, there's two problems with your statement. One, if you buy a car under warranty, you CAN-NOT work on the car yourself. You MUST take it in to a qualified repair shop, or your warranty is voided (and likely any chances of continuing the car on lease, or turning it in for full market-trade-in value). Second problem, don't work with mechanics you don't think you can trust. I mean, assess the situation. If the guy comes out speaking west-virginian and doesn't know a socket wrench from a spark plug, you shouldn't be surprised to find terrible results. When possible, always use the shop at your dealer. It costs more, but if they screw things up you can directly nail the dealer to make it good for free.

Cappy - Your Branch at bla bla address have been working on my computer .They havent fixed anything and yet they continue charging me.Are the people working at this store qualified to do the job your paying them to do?I plan on filing a complaint with BBB(Better Bussiness Bureau).So far the $150.00 ive paid them was for nothing.I would like my computer fixed without having to pay again.Or a full refund and take my business elsewhere .
Hopefully that's not the "good PHrase" you really intend to use in a letter to the business. You're going to go eight-ways to nowhere with that, and certainly aren't going to get the level of response you want.

Never threaten.
Never go into high-gear straight off the bat when you contact a seperate level in a business.
Never skip the details.
Don't assume they know what's going on.
Don't assault their business practices.
Etc and so forth...

Since you're now going to contact the level above (or high above) the Best-Buy technical group, you got to start at square one again. If you come on full bore, they're going to throw up a bland iron curtain and you'll be lucky if the intern they give the letter to gives have a care beyond the standard response protocols.

I'll also note that threatening a nation-wide company like Best-Buy with a note to the BBB, is like threatening an Abrahms tank with an empty watergun.

Do what i recomended with the BBB . You`ve been more than patient enough after 3 breakdowns.

"What would you like the store to charge for a shyt ordeal like that? Minimum wage only covers the employee, and that's if he gets paid minimum wage. Then you got to pay for the other expenses, such as the facility, processing, etc. THEN...you have to make a profit.

I don't know where you come from but $30 for servicing in ANY business is CHEAP!"

Actually, like I would know what's cheap and what's not! lol. I installed my own ram, never taken it anywhere else. Never had someone else do it. The way I see it, if I think some computer parts gonna get busted, I would rather bust it myself, so I don't all mad at someone, or vice versa. lol

c'mon man, 30 bucks is still way too expensive just to open up the computer, yank the ram out and put another back in. its just not worth it. even a lil kid with common sense can do that.

I will never buy a computer from Bestbuy all because I TRIED to buy one two years ago from there. High pressure and highly annoying and illiterate (in the way of technical items) staff, plus they like to hide the real price of the computer, so after you spend the hour to get the thing up to the front of the store, you end up not buying the thing due to lack of funds.

CompUSA is a little, butnot much, better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom