Need help forcing setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
hey guys , iv been having a huge problem with my new build (specs below ) it mainly revolves around computer crashing to black screen ..anyway one of the post i found on ATI recommend that i force my setting for the bios like voltages and mainly fsb and the PCie bus to defaults instead of AUTO and i was wondering if someone could help me set them right .
specs:

CPU: QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, 2833 MHz (8.5 x 333)

Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P

MEMORY: G Skill 2 GB x 4(8gig) DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 400 MHz) (4-4-4-10 @ 266 MHz)

GPU: XFX ATI RADEON 4850

thanks

So you haven't gotten any where in the build ? Have you tried another video card to try and narrow out the problem first?

I know these seem like cookie cutter questions, but, adjusting voltages and things are on the motherboard bios and unless you know what youre doing, you could ruin your entire build.

i actually ended up buying a second card (9800gtx) and a new psu with no luck ,i tested my ram ,cpu(prime over 24 hours) and same issue .
the weird thing about this problem is that it happens in specific games (hawx,bionic commando ,wolfenstein)
other games like Dark sector,Street fighter,demigod run fine .
i get the same thing as this video
Video - TinyPic - Gratis foto's delen en afbeeldingen & video's hosten
or just black screen depending on game.

This is where i found the solution
AMD Game Forums - Crashes and black screen with gainward HD 4850

More links with people with the same issue
AMD Game Forums - My HD4850 crashes with horizontal/vertical stripes
AMD Game Forums - Radeon HD4850 Crash Vertical Lines!
and there is much more thats why iam welling to try to force these settings if you could help.

In the 'fix' thread you linked to in the asus settings(which im very familiar with) there is an AI booster setting and some other things. Have you tried looking through your motherboard bios to see if there are any settings that, otherwise automatic overclocking, are set to manual or auto?

check your bios settings and make sure that your PCI-E frequency is at 100MHz and make sure that the gigabyte "robust graphics accelerator" thing is set to auto.

k i made sure everything is set to auto , going to force the pcie-frequency to 100 and going to give a test run , ill post again after i am done

k that didn't work , and i have no idea what to try next if any one got any ideas please let me know

edit:
on the ati article i found that the 4850needs a psu(with a SUSTAINED/CONTINUOUS 12v AMPERAGE rating of 30A), now my psu is an antec true power 2.0 550w with the following specs

Picture41.jpg

is this sufficient?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom