how to remove rivets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jfen: i coudn't find any self etching stuff at home depot... or maybe i just didn't look hard enough. that was the best stuff i could find.

also, should i cover up the mobo mounting holes so they dont get clogged with paint?

@jfen: i coudn't find any self etching stuff at home depot... or maybe i just didn't look hard enough. that was the best stuff i could find.

also, should i cover up the mobo mounting holes so they dont get clogged with paint?

You can cover the holes, but you don't have to. I didn't and I haven't had any problems. A word of advice...careful where you leave the case to dry between coats of paint. I thought mine was in a safe place, until the family above me decided to water their plants on their balcony. I heard and saw water pouring onto my case....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

You bought 18 cans of spraypaint?

Also, when using matte, a lot of the general rules for getting a good paint job can be ignored to a point as the finish will never been anywhere near gloss.

WOW! And I just used 2 cars for my current mod job. LOL!

I think he was referring to the law that you have to be older than 18 to buy spray paint.

18+ cans of spray paint would be a bit excessive. :D

yes. that got that law in place here too. All shops that sell spray paint need to have the paint in a locked cabinet.
And then there was one time earlier this year. It was a cold day. I walk into the hardware shop with a hoodie. The clerk refused to serve me. It was not until I spoke with the manager and produced some I.D. was when I was allowed to purchase the paint. And I am 32 years old. :rolleyes:
Mental Note :- Never walk into a hardware shop with a hoodie and expect to get service from the spray paint counter.

They are trying to bring in more laws for spray paint.
1. If you are under 18, you are prohibited to carry spray paint in a public place unless you are in the presence of a responsible adult (that I can understand.)
2. Limiting the use of spray paint to trades people. (I find this BS)

And the list goes on...

Problem is now days alot of the computer that are going into the schools are coming with a BIOS tracking system. Computer or Laptop gets stollen, the Asset Number is reported. The second that computer connect to the internet, the Asset Number is pings a server with your IP Address

I've actually seen an add recently for LOJACK for Laptops.. Good idea.. :cool:

finished painting today... I did an OK job i think. Not the best not the worst. Thankfully that one spot I messed up with on the 5.25" bay will be covered.

IMG_2483.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom