Dell Computer Beeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToXiC

Solid State Member
Hi, Im not too good with computers, Latley I been reading and looking up about them I have a Dell computer with intel pemtuim running Windows XP pro. I had this computer for about 5 years now about 4 years ago I opened it up and took the rams out and tried and put them on my other computer withc was a tower, then later on I threw out the tower computer and took the rams that was in my dell computer and put them back in back then from then on i never used this computer and now when i want to i turn it on and 6 long beeps come up and nothing shows up on the screen, When i boot the computer it had no keyboad just mouse and screen connected. What can be the problem? Can anyone help?

Thanks for the beep code link, Also so I must have a keyboad attacted? For it to not beep and for the screen to work??

If your Dell has a AMI bios chip, 6 beeps is a keyboard error. You said you have no keyboard attached, coincidence, maybe. But I'm betting on the keyboard.

Why not just try a keyboard? It will either work or it won't. If it doesn't work then we'll go from there.

What kind of Dell is it? Give use the Model number.

the keyboard wouldn't explain the screen not displaying i recommend clearing the cmos next time you have it open look for the little watch battery thing on the board then look for 3 pins (will be very close to the battery) you will see a jumper on 2 of the pins so like this . ._. move it so it is on the other 2 pins so like this ._. . then press the power button (nothing will happen from your point of view) then put the jumper back the way it was and boot.... without a keyboard you will still hear the beep but your display should work now and the beeping will stop when it detects a keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom