ran into a problem while installing windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicflipfive

Baseband Member
i got everything running, the bios are set and updated, and now im installing windows 98SE, Im planning on updating to XP Pro later. but for now im installing 98se. Well i started installing it, then i had to fill out some stuff and put in the product key, then it searched for drivers and stuff, then it said windows will now restart, and when it did,when restarting windows it got to the windows 98 screen with the sky background and it just stays there. tryied reseting it and it freezes at this screen everytime. Tryied going into safemode but nothing works since windows was never completely installed. whats wrong? anybody know?

thanks

i had this happen to me a few times, turned out that win98 didnt like the disk controller, was nvidia. But i doubt that is the problem. I would reinstall also, reseat the ram

what kind of HD do you have? Go to the manufacture Website and get a utility that will write zero`s to the drive(especially for large HD`s) .Then format the drive and try again booting from the WIN 98CDROM Select Install Windows from CD ROM when restart select boot from hard drive with cdrom support you youll need to change the drive letter to where the 98 disk is example after 1st restart and you select boot from HD with CD rom support your at C: if your 98disk is in the D drive type D:\ hit enter then type setup hit enter.I dont use a floppy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom