Video Card problem, Unsure of how to describe, HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noyou

Solid State Member
I'm not sure how to describe this problem, hence not being able to find solutions using google or the search function. Just 'checkered tile'-like appearing. I'm using Windows 7 7100RC, was playing game [Savage2, fullscreen] and it just SUDDENLY happened. All of a sudden. I've tried system restore and it didn't work. I'm pretty sure its a video card problem, I tried disabling and enabling, uninstall and reinstall, updated drivers, windows updated... [only thing left to do is reseat it, but only if someone knows for absolute it will fix it]

So anyways....please refer to the images and see if you know anything about it.. (i've posted this question with pictures here)
Thanks.

I read through the thread at the link you posted. Updating the driver might help, but it looks more like the card fried to me.

here's my steps for updating video drivers:
  • Uninstall the video driver
  • Boot into Safe Mode
  • Run DriverSweeper
  • Reboot back into regular Windows
  • Install the new video drivers
  • Reboot

Uninstall the current drivers through Add/Remove Programs (Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program). It will be called Nvidia Drivers or something similar.

DriverSweeper can be downloaded here.

I'm seriously hoping it hadn't fried, since the whole system and everything in it is brand new [1-2months old]
Anyway, thanks, I will try that ASAP.

EDIT: I've done exactly as you've said, done what others have said which is similar, and tried combining aspects of your method and others, but no luck.

Besides the video card having fried [which I still highly doubt] would there be any other possibilities?
It seems the only thing left to do is reseat [take out and put back in] my video card....which I'm reluctant to do due to possible warranty issues, and I've already tried but couldn't take it out, despite holding down the appropriate latches [there were no screws] etc.

Please advise of any other solutions,
Thanks.

Hey
- It's a lot of fuss here to take it around and wait for it to get fixed etc, if I can, I would like to try getting it fixed by myself~ and save that as a last resort, thanks.

- The fan can be turned manually [when PC is turned off], but I haven't checked it while PC is running, but how possible would you say is it that the problem is caused by the misfunctioning of the fan? Thanks.

-Can you please give me more details about 'onboard video' ? E.g. How I can boot into that. Thanks.

Sorry I'm really newbie and stupid XD
What do I change it to?
Thanks.

EDIT: Ok I found out what onboard is. No my video card is not onboard~

Well it depends on your BIOS. What make and model of computer do you have ? Once we know that, maybe we can go further with helping you.

EDIT: Ok, I just read your updated post. So what make and model computer ? What video card are we talking about, while we are at it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom