just got some money

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as RAM goes, if you absolutely couldn't live without 1 GB, that would be the only thing I would do. I just checked your motherboard on the Kingston website, and your motherboard supports up to 2 GB of Kingston ValueRAM. If you were to get more RAM, I would just get another stick of the same RAM you have. There is no reason to go out and spend $220 bucks on Corsair XMS if you already have perfectly good Kingston. Looking over your system, everything is very good. If you are running out of hard drive space you could get another one of those, but other than that I would leave it, unless of course you want to get another 512 MB stick of RAM for $80 and mail me the rest of the money :)...just kidding.

and u guys r sure that i cant use dual channel ram right?

so wat do i do,

1 kingston value 512 + 2 xms 1gb = 1.5gb

or

3x xms corsair 512 = 1.5 gb

or

3x kingston 512= 1.5 gb

keep in mind i already have 1 kingston

I would just get one more 512 Kingston, like the one you have. 1 GB is more than enough RAM for right now, so I would just stick with that and save the money for something else.

wait so u guys r 100% sure that i cant use dual channel right??

if so then y not get two xms 512s and also use my original kingston, would that actually slow the system down?

Yes, 100% positive that you can't use dual channel. That particular socket type, 754, is unable to use dual channel. I was just recommending not to get XMS because unless you're overclocking it, there's really no need if you already have the Kingston ValueRAM. Plus, it's usually not an idea to mix brands.

ok ic, so should i just buy two more kingstons? cuz somewhere i read that 1.5gb is slower than 1 gb. i also heard that if u fill up all ram slots then the pc goes slower r ne of those true

I don't know if it makes it run faster or slower. As far as the amount of RAM goes, 1 GB is superflous right now, so it should keep you for a long time down the road. When the time comes to need more, you can just buy another 1 GB stick of the ValueRAM, but that won't be for a loooong time.

really, thats cool. so i just buy another 512? or maybe i should buy two 1 gb sticks and get rid of my 512 one and like give it to that old Dell 4600 that i never use

go for 2x 512 corsair xms 3200XL 2-2-2-5 latency. its 270 for 2 of them. fastest latency out on market. and dont use ur value ram with it, as it is POS next to the xms ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom