Looking into a new set up, have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dant22185

Baseband Member
I am semi new to building PCs, new meaning I have not done much, but I am familiar with hardware and what it does. I have a Dell PC right now and am looking to basically make it faster just for kicks. I want a new motherboard and CPU mainly with keeping all I have on my hard drive with Vista.

My question is would it be possible to still use the hard drive set up with a new motherboard setup. Would the new bios settings with the new motherboard have some kind of effect on the partition that windows resides on? I'm basically trying to tweak the computer with out having to basically buy a new copy of windows and having to reinstall it. Would everything basically in essence hook up and work as it did with the dell motherboard and CPU?

The board I have right now is a Dell, model number 0m017g. CPU is a Socket 775 LGA Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200.

I'm Looking to go with a EVGA nForce 790i SLI FTW Motherboard. It also has a 775 LAG Intel socket.

Also a case is not an issue because I actually put these dell components into a full size tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom