Hacker classification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demorgan

Beta member
ok so this is probably in the wrong area but what are the hacker classifications I I know that the highest is a wizard class, but what are the others if any?

There is non unless your a reall security professional, the rest is just fluff.

The only classification I know of is black hat, grey hat, and white hat. Some people say the grey hat isn't even real, but I suppose it is all based on how you look at it.

Black hat: Bad boy hacker who does bad things such as stealing credit card numbers
grey hat: def 1- ex black hat, def 2- prankster hacker who hacks people for his own amusement
white hat: hackers that test out security software. They're paid by companies like Norton and McAfee to try to breach their software and report any holes.

ok so this is probably in the wrong area but what are the hacker classifications I I know that the highest is a wizard class, but what are the others if any?

you my friend have watched to much Ghost in the Shell the classes that are used in the real world are the ones that Druid mentioned though i have never heard them described that way

Yeah, I'm not an expert. This is just what I've gathered from internet surfing. If you think there is a more accurate definition, you are probably right.

I think white hat hacking would be sort of a fun career choice actually. I wonder how much they get paid.

A Certified Ethical Hacker can get anywhere between $60k to $120k a year (if you work in the White House [$120k].

Saxon, you really should get a the Ethical Hacker cert, I think you'd ace it like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom