Newegg Open Box Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want this motherboard:

Newegg.com - Open Box: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

The open box price is a steal, but I'm wondering, has anyone ever bought open box from Newegg before? Is it too risky? Too risky for a MOBO especially? Or worth saving the $80 (which I can then spend on a very nice fan)?

Just remember, you get a 30 day return warranty. I say do it. I've bought a couple open box items from Newegg, none being motherboards. Occasionally it's just a returned item that is defective, just people ordered the wrong thing, or want their money back.

I'd like to do it. They say they test it for basic functionality, though I'm not entirely sure what that entails. I'm hoping they wouldn't resell something that's defective. Missing cables or drivers I can deal with, but defective... not so much.

I tend to have bad luck with hardware, so I always like to have some kind of warranty. But the price is SO right. I'm torn. ;_;

Would this board still have the 3 year limited manufacturer's warranty? I can't find any information saying for or against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom