PCI express to PCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
i have a delema. i am "eventually" going to upgrade to a LGA 1156 to 1336 mobo and cpu eventually but my main problem is that none of the boards have a good enough layout of the PCI slots for me to use 2 dual slot video cards in sli/crossifre without leaving 2 PCI slots for my sound card (x-fi xtreme music) and my TV tuner card (asus). both of them are PCI and i really hate to give up either one. but i found this little doohickey, that converts a PCI express X1 slot to a PCI slot, and thought does it work? so will it be work with my sound card? i would imagine so, but but i just want to know if anybody tried this?

Newegg.com - StarTech PCI Express to PCI Adapter Card Model PEX1PCI1 - Add-On Cards

any suggestions/ideas

This LGA 1156 mobo has room for 2 double slot video cards and it still has 2 free pci slots.

Newegg.com - EVGA P55 LE 123-LF-E653-KR LGA1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

1318805405.jpg

^ wow, nice find. but is that second slot a x8 slot or x4? looks pretty good for $169 :D dont know how i missed that one.

Well I went and looked at the manual and it said the 2nd slot is only a 4x. But I just looked at every P55 mobo NewEgg stocks and that was the only one that matches your requirements.

You could go ahead and buy the adapter and see how well it works with your present setup. If it works ok then you'll have a lot more choices :D

ok, thanks for suggestions guys. but i figure if i am all ready spending $50 on the adapter might as well go ahead and spend an extra $30 to get a newer sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom