PROJECT : Kill Kitty (Now with nude pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
As some people might now, I am upgrading my setup. I am moving back to using a desktop again.
The MSI GX620 has served me well over the pasted 12 months. However i think I would rather go back to desktop as I can service and upgrade them. Plus after my last house move, I have one too many computers.

Anyways, i am planning on upgrading my existing desktop.

AMD Phenom II X4 965 CPU AM3+
2x DDR2 @ FSB 800
Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P Motherboard
1x Seagate 1Tb SataII Hard Drive[/COLOR]
2x WD 1Tb SataII Hard Drive via Adapatec 1220SA RAID Card
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB Video Card
Sata DVD Burner
Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Music Sound Card
GMC 700 Power Supply
Cooler Master Black Edition RC690 with Side Panel

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32-bit (Was about to go windows 7, but there is no support on my RAID Card yet)

Any thing that this high lighted in red is the new hardware. It's just about a completely new system.

I am also planning on modding the case to give it the Black and Red Goth Punk look. I am looking at some picking up some Red Cold Cathode Lights, a little bit of paint work on the inside of the case, and some vinal lettering on the side panel.

Ram has been picked up today on my way to work. Will be picking up the rest tomorrow.

Re: PROJECT : Kill Kitty

Dunno if it's a big deal for you, but the X4 965 has a lot of power consumption. If that's a big deal to you, I would go down to a 955.

I also think you should wait for the new cards. If for no other reason than the inevitable price drop on the 4890.

well you have to remember that TDP != power consumption.
Also, you could probably run it at 1.35V easily even up to about 3.6GHZ (which is stock volts for the 940 to 955)

*edit*
Hang on, are you getting the 790X-UD4P or 790XT-UD4P?
the 790X uses DDR2, and the 790XT uses DDR3

I know the 965 is a good chip, trust me on that one, lol.

But I'm not saying TDP = power consumption, I remember a few tests about how much power it consumed somewhere on XS. Too tired to dig it out, since it's 5:30am here...

So you're not waiting for the new cards to come out?
Supplier was all ready reducing them to clear for me

Hang on, are you getting the 790X-UD4P or 790XT-UD4P?
the 790X uses DDR2, and the 790XT uses DDR3

Sort of discovered that one this morning. Bit of a screw up and both ends. He should of been listening to me on motherboard model number and i should of been double checking emails at my end.

Did explain why the motherboard was $20 cheaper. Since he had to special order this for me he could not send it back. However he did take back the DDR3 Ram. Disapointed on the mistake, but not too worried about it.

Not to worry, looks like i am going to proceed with my existing DDR II ram.

Anyways, I got all my parts. I will put every thing together in one of my older cases while i paint

I have decided to get to work on the case this evening. Sooner I get the case completed, the sooner I can put my bit in. However in the mean time, i have got one of my old cases out of retirement. So while i am waiting for paint to dry, I can start started with configuring my OS. However that I am going to save for sunday.

First thing after getting home form work, i have took out the computer case and stripped it down to just the base case. I would like to spray paint the inside of the case red. And also put some red on outside rims too.

Now that i think of it, i am going to see about painting my keyboard in the same red and black fashion. that's provided I can work out how to take it apart.

Sadly, i did not have my Iphone with me, so i can not post picks yet. But I will post some tomorrow.

[EDIT]I have decided that I will also mod my Logitech Wave Pro Keyboard. I took that apart last night and I will be painting the top red.[/EDIT]

Sounds like it's going to look pretty cool. What parts on the outside of the case are going to be red?

Sounds like it's going to look pretty cool. What parts on the outside of the case are going to be red?

Inside of the case
And the ourside rims.
After I get the reb paint on, I will be painting a black and red checker patter on the side rims.

Anyways, today at work, i was prepairing the graphic that I will be putting on the side of the case. Getting this image together too me a lot longer than what I was expecting.

If I got some time this afternoon, I will go to the markets and see the vinal sticker guy about getting this made into a sticker for the side panel.

Attachments

• hellokillkitty_pic.jpg
    hellokillkitty_pic.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 3,294
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom