Modding my HAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
So I'm going to be modding my HAF to fit a mcr320 and 220... What I plan on doing is removing the HDD rack (I'll use a 5.25" adapter for my HDD) and cutting another 120mm hole for the 220 rad. The 320 rad will go up top.

Old pic, I've upgraded to a corsair tx750 and a his4890, and got myself a swiftech mcw60 and gtz
haf.jpg

That's how I want to run the tubing. I'm not sure where I want to put my t-line though. Suggestions?

I was planning to do the same exact thing... cut the bottom out of the HDD cage and put a 2x120 there for the cards... looking foward to seeing you do it... I am going to use 2 DDCs w/ XSPC res tops side by side sitting in the 5.25 bay bottom platform... when i get the money.. I can tell you it will work if you want to consider it, i've already test fitted it... maybe try that rather than have the t-line? or you could use 2 ddc's and THIS

If you want just a single loop with 2 rads... and a cpu and gpu block.. seems like it might be too restrictive to me... maybe run 2 pumps on that loop, but even then, why not just go dual loop?

I was planning to do the same exact thing... cut the bottom out of the HDD cage and put a 2x120 there for the cards... looking foward to seeing you do it... I am going to use 2 DDCs w/ XSPC res tops side by side sitting in the 5.25 bay bottom platform... when i get the money.. I can tell you it will work if you want to consider it, i've already test fitted it... maybe try that rather than have the t-line? or you could use 2 ddc's and THIS

If you want just a single loop with 2 rads... and a cpu and gpu block.. seems like it might be too restrictive to me... maybe run 2 pumps on that loop, but even then, why not just go dual loop?

A DDC with a halfway decent pump top will be able to easily handle that setup. The GTZ and MCW60 are both fairly un-restrictive blocks in the grand scheme of things and the Swiftech rads are also fairly free flowing.

Running two loops implies a pretty significant price jump because of the extra parts needed and results in a lot more clutter.

Were he running 3 GTX285's and a Quad core i7, yeah dual loops would be a good idea, but for a single gfx card and his proc, shouldn't be a problem.

For your T-line just place it so it feeds directly into the pump inlet and you'll be golden.

-aspire

When I get the money I will upgrade to a mcp 655 or 355 with a top.

I'm kinda stuck with the HDD cage... dunno if I want to full on cut half of it off, or make those holes on the side a bit bigger so the tubing can bend through them...

I think I'm going to paint the inside black while I'm cutting everything, probably paint my fans too.

I have some WC stuff coming in tomorrow from Petra's so I'll post some pics then. Hopefully I'll be able to start and finish all the cutting and crap on saturday.

Hopefully I'll be able to start and finish all the cutting and crap on saturday.

I'm going to recommend patience and skip the deadline. Take your time, double think everything and do the job correctly the 1st time. You have a nice case don't rush it :D

ya, i know. i made a mistake with my last case when i was modding it and was like NOOOOOO.

Not gonna do that again :)

Saturday isn't really a deadline, just when I would like to get it done. If I don't, I don't, haha.

EDIT: parts came :)

Attachments

• IMG_2452.jpg
    IMG_2452.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2455.jpg
    IMG_2455.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_2456.jpg
    IMG_2456.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 167
I'm kinda stuck with the HDD cage... dunno if I want to full on cut half of it off, or make those holes on the side a bit bigger so the tubing can bend through them...
Probably doesn't matter much since you wouldn't be able to use the bays anyway. Cutting it in half would look cleaner, but making the holes bigger might be easier. I would say cut it off since I like clean cases.

Also depends on if you are ever going to sell the case or just keep it too.

i almost have the case stripped down completely... but its like 1 AM here so i'm going to bed lol.

I'll post a bunch of pics tomorrow :D

too expensive :D

mx-2 was like $8 bucks cheaper

Oh yeah. I think I know what I'm going to do for the HDD cage... I'm thinking I'll cut off most of the left half but leave enough so I can 2 bays if I needed to.

Hey aspire, where do you think I should put my t-line? i've been thinking for a while now and still don't know.. lol

edit: LOL... didn't see your first post :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom