old abit kd7a. FSB running too fast after memory upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ropeadopa

Baseband Member
I just installed a 1gb stick upgrade on my abitkd7a and when i load my computer it says its now running at 400FSB. I go into the bios and it says its running my amd athalon: 2700+(333).

but when i turn my comp on its telling me its running at 400. and i am getting freezes. thats problem number one.

problem number two is my ram is only showing up as 1.5GB. I started with 768 and added 1gb stick of ram. wheres there other 256 mb?

thank you very much.

man.. that was kinda scary, couldnt load my comp for a while. it will not let me boot up unless running at 400mhz fsb. so I took out both of my other sticks and kept the new one and finally i got back on. also, i tried taking out the ram i just installed and now it will ONLY run at 400 mhz.

clear the cmos? no i did not. sorry im pretty dated on technology. what should i do? I've done it before and will have to research how to do it again, but do you suggest i put in all my other memory again and try to clear the cmos and boot again?

is it possible the new ram will ONLY run at 400mhz and ill just have to buy another 400mhz module to replace the old ones? that would not be good because i am poor.

i cleared my cmos, the first boot will allow me to run at 166 fsb, after i reboot it goes back to 400. my system is incredibly unstable. everything is just screwed. sigh. what am i supposed to do.

i did.

i loaded the settings for amd athalon 2600+(333) then checked user defined and kept the settings.

my comp will either not power on again (loud beeps) and i have to clear cmos or load in 400fsb anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom