hd4890 or GTX275

Status
Not open for further replies.

alehkcis

In Runtime
im helping a friend in his new build and in our place the 2 cards costs the same , i have been out of the scene for quite a while, so maybe you guys can help which one is better, he will be gaming in 1680x1050 just for your info.

ok i went with him in the shop and this is the gtx 275 that he will be getting and it seems that it is 15-20$ cheaper than sapphire hd4890.. he will be buying it tomorrow so any last advice will be appreciated , i have also adviced him to get the 4890 based on the graphic card rankings. but he is still undecided.

Isn't the 4890 cheaper? On newegg the cheapest one is about $210 CAD up to about 245CAD for the non standard Asus version. The 275 is at least $240 for the cheapest....

Personally I would go with the GTX 275 as Nvidia has better driver support, in my opinion. But they do perform pretty equally so I would let my budget be the deciding factor. Either way he'll be happy :D

If you can afford the 275 go with it, if not 4890. Both equal performance but it's preference of Nvidia/ATI and Nvidia has better driver support like Slay said.

he went with the gtx275 coz the sales guy talked him thru it :laughing: and yes the gtx 275 is indeed cheaper in our place and is the overclocked version. well thanks for the reply guys. atleast he is happy that he wont go wrong with either cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom