Project Sestren Worklog - World's First Back/Outside Mounted Tri Loop Cube!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said your name is Phillip...

As per sponsor request, I am expanding my build logs to various forums.
And this is my expansion greeting

Greetings, My name is Phillip aka. PC1X1, and for the past few months I been working on my build log.

Thanks Hikari, posting late nights makes us X_X sometimes heheh! I also do individual posts on various forums, I don't just copy and paste, so sometimes I forget where I said what, heh! Sometimes I say my name, sometimes I don't heh! Depends how at home I feel, and so far I am digging this forum.

But I am not senile, at least hopefully not yet ;).

But thanks everyone for checking out my worklog, I hope to make it even better soon!

Thanks! It wass alot of work, and there's much more to do!

And I presume your Phillip as well ;), mine is with two L's though, sometimes I find Philips, with one L.

Food for thought: Our name implies that we love horses, heh!

Though how did you find out my first name ;), which forum hehehe? I presume thats what your talking about?

gah, that sucks cause i hate horses.

This is probably the most organized build log I've read yet :). This sounds like it's going to be awesome when it's finished, I've never seen a tri-loop before. Congrats on all the sleeving, that had to take forever!

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg
What are the two things mounted on the front? At first it looked like a bunch of fans put together but it looks like two big separate pieces on the inside.

Good luck with the rest of the build :D.

This is probably the most organized build log I've read yet :). This sounds like it's going to be awesome when it's finished, I've never seen a tri-loop before. Congrats on all the sleeving, that had to take forever!

What are the two things mounted on the front? At first it looked like a bunch of fans put together but it looks like two big separate pieces on the inside.

Good luck with the rest of the build :D.

Thanks, I appreciate it. The pictures are a little messy, but I am working on making those super organized as well :).

And it did, took a long time, and theres still alot more to do! Hehe!

I presume your talking about the Athena Power Bays. If you can point to it exactly, but I think thats what you mean, on the first page. I have all the equipment detailed, under Front Panel diagram.

But if your are talking about the two black things under the DVD drive, and Zalman fan controller, they are hardrive bays, or hard drive cages, they basically hold all 10 hardrives that are on this computer.

Feel free to shoot some more :).

I mean these two things:
mysteryboxes.png

If those are the power bays, what do they do? Sorry for not being more clear before ;).

Yup those are the Athena Power Bays, they are removable Hardrive cages, they each hold 5 HDD's so in total I can hot swap 10 HDD's (remove drives while they are running etc). They also have fans and keep the drives cool. They are also called back planes in the server space. While these aren't pro spec bays, they are more than enough for my needs in a personal computer, and work pretty good. They are normally used to add drives or remove drives from an array without opening the computer, I could also theoretically travel with the hardrives from computer to computer if I have another computer with those bays. The idea is to be as mobile as possible, and have little downtime. If a HDD fails, I pop it out, and put another back in while the raid rebuilds. Also for convenience, don't have to open the pc to add and remove hdds, and again it keeps the HDD's cool. Wins in my book ;)

Hope this helps!

Looks good overall, but I am definitely not a fan of the tacky fan grills.

Some nice black wire grills would serve this build much better than the overlapping decorative ones.

Looks good overall, but I am definitely not a fan of the tacky fan grills.

Some nice black wire grills would serve this build much better than the overlapping decorative ones.

You and everyone else including my sponsors, so much for skimping heh! :p. I personally don't find them that bad, but everyone and their mothers complained, so I am changing it, can't go into details, but it will be pretty epic :), and more expensive :eek:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom