need a desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

erkster

In Runtime
hey guys,i'm in need of a desktop,my current lappy(in my sig)is out of warranty,and i'd rather not be the owner if it decides to kick the bucket.that being said,i just want to get a new rig XD

i'll be using it to mostly play wow,but i was hopping to be able to play cod6 once it comes out.
i need the tower,keyboard,monitor(the bigger the better) as well as speakers ,but i do have a mouse(joy XD)
brands don't really matter,cept i do prefer intel over AMD,as well as nividia over ATI,really only cause i don't understand AMD and ATI(the names of the parts really don't make sense to me).but if it's more bang for my buck i would prefer what you guys think would be best
i plan on selling my lappy, so my buget would really depend on how much i get for it,but probably $800can. $900 if it means that it'll be much nicer XD.

i know you guys suggest to buying the parts and building your own compy,but i have no idea as to what i'd be doing,and i'd rather pay someone to do that for me,so that if it breaks it's not on my head XD.but if building it is dirt easy, i could use a project for something to do.

would a custom build site like ibuypower.com be a good place to buy,or would i be better off going to HP or others like them.

thank you in advance :D

Actually if you want the highest quality your better off building your desktop yourself. It's not that hard to do and can save you a lot of money but if you don't want to build yourself I'd go with ibuypower because it will be higher quality then HP or Dell.

If you already have access to a monitor, an intel core i5 build would be perfectly within your reach. I would highly suggest that, it would give you the great performance for years. This is assuming you need all that power though, if not you could always get a Core 2 e8400 build and overclock it by 1 Ghz if you need more power out of it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom