Project Sestren Worklog - World's First Back/Outside Mounted Tri Loop Cube!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CIMG0013.jpg

Everything is routed through the middle

CIMG0014.jpg

To many cables, though in a practical sense you can't see them

CIMG0015.jpg

Side where Motherboard stays, this is basically what will be visible, and with window you can't see any of the cabling period

CIMG0016.jpg

See what I mean ;p, everything is routed so I can pull and tug it a little, so I have some leway

CIMG0017.jpg

This part needs to be redone, so its more feasible, working on that as we speak, or read, you know what I mean ;)

CIMG0018.jpg

Back of cube

CIMG0019.jpg

Welcome to my nightmare ;)

Update: Preparing for the rebuild: Meanwhile I am reorganizing again, and will start sleeving the psu extensions, so I won't be idle. I still want to wrap up Phase 1, by latest Next Sunday. Wish me luck.

Also hopefully the pictures are better :).

IMG_0011.jpg

Preparing the PSU

IMG_0012.jpg

Finally both Radiators are mounted! (that didn't last long)

IMG_0013.jpg

Organize wiring, had all the wiring passed, and despite space, came out pretty good, but I wasn't satisfied, and that motherboard tray was really ticking me off

IMG_0014.jpg

Shot of the inside

IMG_0015.jpg

Took off the roof to work better (why didn't I think of this before beats me, Live and Learn!)

IMG_0016.jpg

The Idea here is good, but execution is so so, this is the area I wan't to improve the most, now that the case is naked, I have better access and ideas

IMG_0017.jpg

Top view of the dual 360's on the back, its a long case, no lan parties for this guy : /

IMG_0018.jpg

Neatly wired back, this part will basically remain the same, I like how it came out

IMG_0019.jpg

Quick Picture of the back, my table is blocking the light

IMG_0020.jpg

Better picture of the above

IMG_0021.jpg

Making the Power Supply Cables pretty, up to this part, I had not decided to powerder coat it yet...

IMG_0022.jpg

Quick picture of the front as I am looking where can I drill the rivets, I am uber annoyed at this point ;)

IMG_0023.jpg

Yea this isn't going to work, on the right side, wheres theres all the wire organizers, theres horrid but useable space to tighten the screws, but on the left side, its hopeless, at this point I knew I had to do something, and at least I proved my proof of concept, unfortunately now I have to tear everything apart and start over.

IMG_0024.jpg

Meanwhile my army of PSU pins have arrived, just in case I get angry ;)

IMG_0025.jpg

My naked cube!

IMG_0026.jpg

All that is left to remove is the plastic wire organizers, I am pretty tired at this point

IMG_0027.jpg

Top view of the bare aluminum

IMG_0028.jpg

It was a huge pain to remove those wheels, I gave it all I got, and at least it was enough, but doesn't change the fact that it was uber hard.

And thats it, hopefully monday or tuesday Ill get it coated, and continue the madness, be back soon!

As per sponsor request, I am expanding my build logs to various forums.
And this is my expansion greeting

Greetings, My name is Phillip aka. PC1X1, and for the past few months I been working on my build log. While I originally planned to expand my build log to various forums across the net, I first thought on focusing my attention to a single forum to simply get the hang of this. This is my first build log, and hence its been a learning experience. I am now confident and per request am now amping up to spread the cube across the intertubes. Anyhow the build log is still ongoing, and is being rebuilt, so expect alot of new posts. I will be posting in several forums, so feel free to pick and choose your favorite. I will be checking each one, and will reply to any questions on that forum. If your nice enough to help, or provide insight or criticism, I will add you to the Thanks List. Anyhow right now I am working on *Improving the build any way possible, and also will be working harder to get the pictures to be better. I have a new camera, and am now practicing the angles, lighting etc, to provide the best clarity possible. I been a member of a few forums, and lurked in many in the past as well. I apologize for the genericness of this message, as its part of the standardizing of the build log, but rest assured, each forum, I will research, and look for information on making my cube better. Overall I hope you guys welcome Sestren into your community, and I will do my best to make it as good as possible. Thank you very much, and I hope to be a productive member of your community. Thanks!!

*keep in mind, these posts are retroactive, and image quality and build quality are improving . Its a learning experience! Thanks again.

Also I have read the rules and terms of each forum, however since I am posting in multiple places, I may make a mistake, as each forum has its own individual set of rules, ie picture size, etc. Please let me know kindly and I will fix it, though odds are everything is fine, I hope hehe .

This build log as been optimized for a 1024x768 resolution and is Netbook and Phone friendly.

- PC1X1

first post:

That's it for now, please keep in mind that all posts prior to this one are retroactive, and merely posted so you guys have an idea whats going on. Going forward individual attention to the forum will be taken, and things will make more sense, also if I quote you on anything, I will put a forum tag where you are from, ie like my Thanks section, thanks and feel free to provide feedback. My Greetings post is in post 1-2. Thanks again, its with feedback, and the power of the community that urges me on, its alot of work heh!

After reading each forums, Rules and Regulations, here are the possible conflicts with formatting, this is a standardization attempt, so if you notice anything not complying to the rules, please let me know.

Rules and Compliance:
My build log is formatted at to be readable at a 1024x768 or higher. In an attempt to deliver the best pictures possible, everything is as high resolution as possible, and formatted for web use. Below are notes on what forums guidelines may contradict in the way this build log is formatted, and I will change and comply to each forums rules, or ask for an exception whenever possible. If you see any rules I may have skipped and that this build log may be violating, please let me know, and I will be glad to change it to a compliant format. Thanks!

Limitation Notes:
HardForum.com: None
Overclock.net: None
Bit-Tech.net: Name/Date Title (under 70 Chars), 640x480 Res Limit, Mod PM'ed for clarification.
Gideontech.com: None
Modders-inc.com: None
Extremeoverclocking.com: None
3dgameman.com: None
Themodbrothers.com: 800x600 Res Limit, Mod PM'ed for clarification.
Tech-forums.net: None
XtremeSystems.org: None

Greetings Tech Forums!

As you can see I am formatting my build log :), unfortunately due to forum rules/limitation, of 10 pictures per post, my posts have a little disparity since they are retroactive, however!!

I will be formatting all future posts in compliance with the 10 limit, so rest assured it will be better to see here and more consistent, otherwise enjoy my build log, there's much more to come!

yay first post!

wow cool! how long have you been working on this for?

Yay first response! ... Hehehe...

The idea started around April, but actively working on it in this capacity, I'd say it really begun and hit its stride late July, so about 3 months, its on and off though, but when I do sit to work on it, its normally in 5-18 hours periods. The actual worklogs take a long time to format as well, and add a couple hours of work as well.

Thanks, Its very fun, but also very hard to stay focuses and motivated.

hey, you got thr same name as me! :laughing:

anyways, good job. sleeving looks nice.

Thanks! It wass alot of work, and there's much more to do!

And I presume your Phillip as well ;), mine is with two L's though, sometimes I find Philips, with one L.

Food for thought: Our name implies that we love horses, heh!

Though how did you find out my first name ;), which forum hehehe? I presume thats what your talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom