Building a new desktop, first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vVv Method

Beta member
Hey, I am building a new desktop for gaming purposes. I plan to use this computer for no more than two or three years before upgrading to a much better PC. My reason for this is because I am earning my Degree in Psychology and I plan to have received my BS and masters with in the next two to three years. I have been a gamer my entire life and I currently work for a gaming community (vVv Gaming.) I plan to play an MMORPG (WoW, Aion, or Warhammer), Heroes of Newerth, and Steam/Valve games.

Now that you have my life story, here is a computer that is an example of what I am looking for, Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer Power 513 Athlon II X2 250(3.0GHz) 4GB DDR2 500GB NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
Free MS Windows 7 upgrade - Desktop PCs
. I'd like to keep it UNDER $530, and if possible MUCH under that price. My only concern is the free Windows 7 upgrade that is offered by Best Buy and Newegg, and I do not own a current version of Vista, just the pre-installed version on this laptop. I am only building a tower including a case, and I might need a monitor (I expect it to be over 530 if i choose to get a new monitor). I have a keyboard/mouse and speakers.

I appreciate your time and help, thank you.

+1 to muffin for posting combo deals... I forgot to mention look for combos when you are ordering Method... between that and Mail in Rebates you can save a good amount of money!

He could get Windows 7 and that would save the $110 for Vista :)

only thing I don't like on Muffin's build is that he skimped out on the PSU. but budget limitations are tough

well, rosewills are no corsairs or pc p&ps, but they are still good. but its not as cheap as the one that would have come with that prebuilt, which i think is a sunbeam.

Instead of an hd 4850 you could always go with an hd 4670 to save yourself some money, with that downgrade you could also easily downgrade to a 400 watt power supply; for what it seems like your intentions are, I think this would be a suitable solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom