What is the better Wacom tablet for artists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
I plan on buying a copy of Corel Painter 11 along with a Wacom tablet, roughly medium size if i can, and i was thinking of a Wacom Bamboo or that Fun model or just try saving up for the Wacom Intuos 4 small or medium. I really want to draw n get my career going to become a Concept Artist for games but drawing in computers mostly. Anyone here with experience or read anything between the two line up models on which is better for me budget wise?

im shopping campusestore.com btw for software/hardware for school.

EDIT:

found this: Wacom Intuos4 Small Tablet with Painter 11 for Mac, Win with Academic Discount at JourneyEd.com

if the Intuos line up is a lot better than Bamboo one's.

If you are going to seriously draw something, you'll want to get the Intuos4 (small). I have small Intuos4 which is still a little hard to draw easily. I've never used the bamboo series though.

If you serious about your artwork, then do not get any thing less than a Wacom Intuos Series. Wacom Bamboo (or Graphire) are just there for those people that just want to play around.

If you serious about your artwork, then do not get any thing less than a Wacom Intuos Series. Wacom Bamboo (or Graphire) are just there for those people that just want to play around.

Not necessarily. Like any tool, it is down to the way in which you use it. I am still using the most basic pen partner Wacom tablet, which I doubt Wacom even make anymore and I have professional book jacket titles under my belt.

I should probably have bought a better one, years ago... But there you have it.

I agree, you should grab the best piece of kit for your needs but at the end of the day, it's just a pressure-sensitive pointing device. What really matters is the software you are using and your handling technique. I used to use Corel and it is good, but now I prefer Photoshop, which is very hard to beat for most common tasks.

Just weigh up the features and buy the one you like best. Many have very convenient features for switching between tools. As long as it feeds the resolution you work in, you can't really go wrong with a Wacom.

well unfortunately, nothing yet. It's an idea that im sticking with when i do have the money. Wacom Intuos4 bundled with Corel Painter 11 is my choice.

I think that sounds like a good choice.

If you're in any hurry to get up and running, while you're saving your pennies for the Intuos, then any cheap tablet will work well with the open source free program, GIMP.

Having looked at the Intuos tablets, I'm rather tempted myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom