Buying a reasonably priced gaming pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I really have begun to realise how little I know about computers now that I have started looking into building one, and finding out what will go with what. I certainly need more help than I thought with this whole thing.

I'm looking to buy from Novatech (found in the link slaymate gave me, thanks.) and like muffin man said, if anyone would like to help me out, use his links as ideas for components.

I thank anyone who gives their time to help me out very much. Tá tú go hiontach!

So, acrylic is a no-no? How about if I was to get a normal case and either remove the side panel, or cut out a section and add plexi-glass/ acrylic?

Forgive me for my ignorance, but do all motherboards have the holes for mounting them in the same place as all cases? or is it a case of finding a case that matches your motherboard's holes, or simply making them yourself?

I'm a noob, a terrible terrible noob.

that ram that youve got picked out is more for OCers, youll be fine with this ram instead, save you a little over £30.
Patriot Viper 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz Triple Channel kit : novatech.co.uk : PAT-6GDDR3

with the money saved from the ram above, you can step up some other things and the total should still come out to around £10-£15 less.

get this ggraphics card, only £7 more than the one youve got picked out right now, and much better.
XFX ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB GDDR5 TV-Out/Dual DVI/HDMI (PCI-Express) - Retail : novatech : XFX-4870

and this power supply instead.
OCZ ModXStream Pro 500w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 Modular Power Supply : novatech.co.uk : OCZ-M500

and you can drop the sound card, the mobo already comes with onboard audio.

Hey Dub! im irish aswll and currentlly lookin into getting a necw gaming pc so I have some advise.

Regards building your own, its not 2 complicated and can save money but you do need to know what your doing, and no offense but ya dont seem to know enough to do so on your own it could end up costing u more in the long run, if you choose to do so make sure you buy the motherboard/cpu/ram & graphics card as a bundle to ensure they all compatible.

i built before but there some good deals going for pre-built/ check out these shops on ebay.

eBay Shop - G4 Technologies: Base Units

eBay Shop - Ethiocom Computers: Computer Systems, Computers 19 TFT, Computers 22 TFT

eBay UK Shop - freshtech Solutions Limited: Desktop PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom