HP Pavillion case upgrade....

Status
Not open for further replies.

photochamp

Beta member
Folks,

Noob here.

I purchased an HP Pavillion early this year when I was in a pinch with a crashed mobo on my photo editing machine. Overall its not a bad machine, but it has some case limitations such as poor ventilation and too few drive bays.

I will be building a high-perfrormance i7 machine later this year to be my primary photo editing system and need to do a low budget remodel on the HP system until then. At that time, I'll just pass the HP down to my kiddos.

I'd like to buy a new case with more HD bays and better ventilation and scavenge the mobo, CPU, HD's and PSU from the HP to get by a few months until my new build.

I have in mind the case and other components I'd like to upgrade with, but I've never built a machine before and want to know if there's any config. problems I may have with swapping the HP guts over to a new case.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Thanks in advance,

Donnie

Seems fair enough to me. My advice is to buy the case you want for the i7, put the HP into it keeping the original HP case. That way you can swap the original HP hardware back into the HP case when you get your i7 stuff and you already have the case you want for the i7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom