Building a Gaming Rig with $700 Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, thanks alot. JUST ordered it. I'm going to add another HDD for RAID when i have enough money :).

Hey, guys. I have finished building my computer and it runs SMOOOOOOOOTH. :) I just have two problems. I plugged in my old hard drive to copy files to my new one, but after I unplug it and try to reboot, I get an error "Verifying DMI Pool Table" and it just hangs. How would I fix this? I've tried booting with the windows CD and using fixmbr which didn't work.

Another question : Is there a way to use my USB Drive to install the RAID drivers since I don't have a FDD? I have 2 500 GB SB Drives if that information is needed.

you need to set the boot order when the old drive is in

also, you can try integrating the RAID drivers into the Windows intall CD.
Vista and 7 I'm pretty sure can load them from a USB drive though.

The error is happening AFTER i unplug my old hard drive. I unplug the old one and plug back in my new hard drives and get this error. How would I set the boot order?

Also, is it still possible to download Windows 7? I'm using Windows XP Home atm and it can only read 3.25 GB ram :(

The error is happening AFTER i unplug my old hard drive. I unplug the old one and plug back in my new hard drives and get this error. How would I set the boot order?
You change the boot order by going into the CMOS setup. Usually you press 'del' when you turn it on.
Have you installed an OS onto the new drive yet?
Also, is it still possible to download Windows 7? I'm using Windows XP Home atm and it can only read 3.25 GB ram :(
XP is a 32-bit OS

You change the boot order by going into the CMOS setup. Usually you press 'del' when you turn it on.
Have you installed an OS onto the new drive yet?
XP is a 32-bit OS

Yes, I'm currently running Windows XP on the hard drive.

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer

That is my current boot.ini. If i switched the rdisk to 1, would that fix my problem with the DMI Pool thing?

Yes, I'm currently running Windows XP on the hard drive.

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer

That is my current boot.ini. If i switched the rdisk to 1, would that fix my problem with the DMI Pool thing?
No.

You could try switching from SATA AHCI mode to native IDE mode, if changing the boot order doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom