Not open for further replies.

b14ckd34th

Solid State Member
need some help i have a hp here are my specs
amd athlon 4800 64 x2 dual core
2gig ram
nvidia 9600
heres my problem
when i try to burn a dvd using convertx to dvd my pc will shut itself down.
it happens during the convert process not the burning process. this is really frustrating because i have replaced the original burner because it would write fail during the burning process and waste countless discs. i had replaced it with a LG burner thats when it started shutting the pc down. also at the same time i installed a razer death adder mouse. so i took the LG burner back and exchanged it for the HP branded burner. i thought i had solved the problem until today when i was trying to burn a movie, download a movie and play COD4 at the same time. it shut the pc down again. so i rebooted and tried to burn the movie without doing anything else. it shut off again. What am i doing wrong??
oh 2 months ago i upgraded my power supply.doubled the power that the factory one had.
PLEASE HELP

If it happens during the converting process, sounds like it's happening when the CPU is under heavy load. Try running something like IntelBurnTest and see if it shuts off during that. Also you could be having a short. Look inside the case to see if something's touching something it's not supposed to be.

IntelBurnTest v2.3 download from Guru3D.com

tried your proggie and it didnt shut my pc down. what something might be touching something its not supposed to be. ive open this POS up countless times and cant figure out why it keeps shutting down. it will do it 7 times out of ten even when im only running the convert software. also i just upgraded my ram to 6gig

ok so i did try another converting program and had the same outcome. so am i looking at possibly my cpu overheating?

ok ran it while it was converting temp before was core#0 92 core#1 82 then during convert temp rose to core#0 169 core#1 210
i can assume that this is my issue and that i need to cool my cpu a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom