Appropriate temperature for your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

up-smash

In Runtime
I was surprised that my system was running at 33 C 97 F... I would think this is pretty high.

Is it?

define 'my system'

For a CPU thats pretty good.
For a GPU thats unheard of (as in cold). Well unless you have state cooling...

when I booted my 'computer' and went into bios to go look at what kinds of different options there were. Since I haven't looked at them in a while... I was just surprised to see that it was running at that temperature...

That was the temperature of the CPU

How hot can I let the cpu get until it starts getting dangerous?

You should be concerned if it goes above 70C.

33C is a nice temperature.

Usually when you boot up, that's when it's at it's coolest temperature. After a few minutes and getting into the desktop area, it will rise a couple degrees.

I think it would be a good idea to have some sort of sticky describing general PC health. Heat with cpus, gpus, hard drives, "general guidelines" as to safe voltages across lines of cpus. I know it could get really crazy if it tries to get way too specific, but I think a general sticky like this could be a pretty good idea.

I think it would be a good idea to have some sort of sticky describing general PC health. Heat with cpus, gpus, hard drives, "general guidelines" as to safe voltages across lines of cpus. I know it could get really crazy if it tries to get way too specific, but I think a general sticky like this could be a pretty good idea.

definately!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom