Adding a fan... Exhuast or Intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a 4.5" hole saw and a drill press I am moving to the place sunday night. I will porbably add the hole monday and just mount the fan on the ruff cut. Then when I get some more green backs clean it up with some you channel mold and laser cut fan cover. Was also thinking are those little rubber noise stoppers worth it from mnpctech?

When using the drill press if it isn't a very heavy duty one, use some oil when cutting and be very gentle when pressing down because the 4.5" hole saws have a tendency to bite into the metal and torque it to heck.

I'm not positive, but I think I have some some spare u-channel kicking around here. Or it might be at my Parents house. If I do have it here, PM me your address and I'll send you the 14 inches you need to line the hole.

On an aesthetic note, for my top fan I just used the molding and didn't even bother with a fan cover. It was a green led fan and I painted the blades black and It turned out looking great.

Let me know if you want the u-channel and I'll start digging and see if I can't find it.

Aspire do you even read what i write??

I've said over and over "set up correctly it will work great".

This isn't a matter of will it work not... It's about the posted situation.

The orignal case in this discussion is a gerneric case, no all mesh side.. barely any exhaust fans... a single 90mm. Not a high end case with 120mm exhaust. All side mesh with designed air flow.

Air in has be reletively equal to air out.
So if you start shoving a ton of cooler air into the case, and create positive pressure, your exhasts aren't going to keep up thus the flow is going to slow down and hold the hot air in for a long period.

If you pull air through in a lamiar flow, you suck air in through the holes in the case thus ensure all the heated air is moved. So on items like hard drives you get your cooler air passing over them, instead of having the heated air pressed into it. Sure the top components get a bit cooler, but that heat has to go over other parts to get out....

But what ever, I'm done with this, you seem fixated on an exact setup and thats it. So no use even having a discussion thats going in circles.

**Un-Subscribed**

The orignal case in this discussion is a gerneric case, no all mesh side.. barely any exhaust fans... a single 90mm. Not a high end case with 120mm exhaust. All side mesh with designed air flow.

overlord said:
My side panel has a large design on it made out of circle mesh instead of acrylic window.

Yeah...

I put some tx-2 and added that top fan. It kind of pushes on my psu but loosening the screws allowed it to bend down a little. I dropped from average 46c minimum to 42c max at idle. Will post pics later. Plan on ocing it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom