Control Key Does Not Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben2the4th

In Runtime
For some reason the control key does not work and all commands including Ctrl-Z, Ctrl-S, Ctrl-C will not work. I am running Windows XP on a Dell Laptop SP2 and I tried both ctrl keys in multiple programs. Thanks.

Take another button off and compare it with the control button, see if the rubber stopper is damaged in any way. If not you'll probably need to replace the entire keyboard. They usually don't run too much, the labor involved though is a different story.

I think the chance that my control keys are actually broken is slim. Is there any chance I might need to reinstall the drivers for the keyboard?

I also recently disabled lots of programs in msconfig, which may have caused this.

Yes that MAY have caused it. But it is unlikely that a driver would cause JUST your control buttons to stop working. I guess you could go back and enable the options that you disabled to see if that resolves the issue. That would tell you if it was something you did or not. You could also reinstall the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom