$1400 Build, I think everything is ok. Help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
soul i think im goin give that Noctua a try, can you give me approx dimension of how tall it is so I can see if it will fit my case or do you know if it will fit in my antec case I have in my orginal post

Yep, that'll fit no probs. It's worked great for me, you have to remove the motherboard to install it but other than that it's an easy install.
The paste it comes with works great, but is difficult to get on perfectly (well, it was for me anyway) because it's thick.

When you go to install the fans the easiest way is to push the fan on (it'll stay if you've put the anti-vibration strips) then get the clips and put the little points in the fan first then just pull the long bar back until it slips into the groove in the heatsink.

post back if you hit any problems :)

will do thanks for all the help guys ill let you know how the build goes once everything is in

So do I need to have the entire processor covered with a thin layer of the paste? Also everything has gone perfect so far but I cannot figure out why my PCI power cables wont plug into my radeon 4890. They act as if they would fit perfect ( 6 pin to 6 pin) but then it just wont go all the way in, there are power cables supplied with it but they look like adapters that I dont really need.

yes, the entire top surface of the processor should have a thin layer applied.

Can you post up a pic of the power cables and the sockets on the card?

ok everything is fine now, its up and running but system temp is idling at about 40 and core at about 37 i have both noctua fans on heatsink and that seems a bit high those fans are at about mid 1300 RPM and cant figure out how to turn them up higher. When I first boot the computer up I hear them get real fast then they slow down should I plug those fans in at a different port on my mobo? They are currently in cha_fan1 and 2 and I cant adjust them with Q fan with my asus software

Your combo links are no longer valid so I can't see what mobo your using now. But it really doesn't matter. Look around in the Bios and you should find a Smart Fan Section. Once you find it you should be able to adjust your fan speed :D

I just turned off Q-Fan control, mine stay at 1300RPMs. Honestly I see no reason to turn them down, I can't hear them at that speed anyway :)
You can use HWMonitor to check the fan rpms I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom