Computer suddenly won't POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, as I say, the mobo is completely out of the case at the moment, sitting on a box and some antistatic, so it can't be that.

What order does the MOBO post in? Is there anything that can be inferred, given that with no RAM it beeps but with RAM it seems to get stuck?

--------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I've fixed it! HOORAY! It was a fault common to all P5Ks, I believe, in which they have (or develop for no reason, as in my case) an inability to deal with certain RAM sticks. I'll put up a full new thread about this P5K problem, so people might find it.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Now I've reset the CMOS and taken the whole thing apart, I'll have to relearn all the goof to do with OCing, BIOS, and have to deal with the misery of trying to hide wires in an ANTEC 900!

You know what... Exact problem with my Asus pq5-n sli. Had Ballistixs from another build, lots of people used them in the same board, but mine wouldn't boot period.

I had no speaker to hear the beeps though.

yep, as I say, the mobo is completely out of the case at the moment, sitting on a box and some antistatic, so it can't be that.

What order does the MOBO post in? Is there anything that can be inferred, given that with no RAM it beeps but with RAM it seems to get stuck?

Glad you found the issue. For future reference: POST info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom