Supported Resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This display SAYS that it works with both PC's and Mac's. So I don't see why i should have to comprimise or tweak at all.
Well the monitor in generally WILL work with it, meaning it has the same connections in the back, but as far as resolutions go, I don't know if it's going to accept that. Surely there's a widescreen PC screen though? I doubt macintosh would have the worlds widescreen production in a monopoly......

Thanks for the info TMT, seems like a b!tch of trouble if it winds up garbling the screen upon reboot. But it's something to keep in mind.

Well the monitor in generally WILL work with it, meaning it has the same connections in the back, but as far as resolutions go, I don't know if it's going to accept that. Surely there's a widescreen PC screen though? I doubt macintosh would have the worlds widescreen production in a monopoly...
There are graphics cards that natively support widescreen modes. There are also wide-screen PC laptops available that use graphics cards that support the wide format.

You can try the registry tweak, but don't come crying when you start seeing artifacts in your games and programs, waterfalls, tearing, synch issues, etc.

This would be a prime reason to contact the g-card manufacturer and ask.

yeah, i wouldn't feel safe trying the registry tweak. id rather find a card that does support this resolution.

Before you do, though, like I said...give your manufacturer a call and ask them about it. They might say it'll be fine. They'll probably tell you that you can't send the card back if you mess around like that, but who cares, right? At least calling, you'd know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom