Graphics not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulkykenshln

Solid State Member
Hi, I've never heard of this problem before, maybe I'm bad at describing it, but I couldn't find anything on Google, so I signed up here to try and see if anyone could help me.

Well, I just recently formatted my C drive a week ago, and I thought I installed everything, it was just until today that I realized something was wrong/missing.

I started this video game and the only things that appeared were the boxes you click on and background pictures, I thought it was the game, so I just exited. Just now, I started another game that was working before I reformatted, and now the same thing is happening.

To be more descriptive, I can't see any 3-d graphics, all text has disappeared, the only thing there are the boxes I click on, such as "Exit" and "Log-in". I can't even see what I type!

So if anyone has had this problem before and has a solution, please tell me. Also, if there's a list of things that I should install after reformatting, so I can play games and stuff, please let me know.

I'm pretty sure that I've installed a good amount of things, but I gotta be sure.

I'm also sure that it's not my computer specs, seeing how I ran the game before.

Thank you in advance for your help.

*I also didn't know whether to put this is "gaming" or "hardware troubleshooting", so hopefully I put it in the write spot.

Well, I just installed and re-installed my graphics driver. I have an ATI Radeon x1300 series. When I asked my brother he told me it was a rendering problem and he tried to help, I don't know what else to do. Is there like a repair or something that windows can help me with?

yes, it is a rendering problem, which is why my first thought is drivers. Where did you install the drivers from? If they aren't from ATI's website, go HERE and find the updated drivers.

May also want to run dxdiag (start>run>dxdiag) and run the directx tests in there.

Ok, I got the drivers from the ATI website and then I decided to run the tests on dxdiag
Only two tests failed and I got these error messages

Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 29 (DrawIndexPrimitive): HRESULT = 0x8876017c (Out of video memory)
Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 29 (DrawIndexPrimitive): HRESULT = 0x8876017c (Out of video memory)

I read somewhere that a dude fixed his problem with some swtnl or something... i don't know, It didn't work for me, but do you know what that is?

Thank you TekBubs, I uninstalled my drivers and used omega drivers and now I can see it. Also thanks leftcoasttech for all your info and trying to help, there's no "props" or anything to give people, huh.

Problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom