Battlefield 2 Patch 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlos

Baseband Member
Its official, the new Battlefield 2 patch 1.5 came out this morning. See link below:

Battlefield Blog

Like me Im sure if you are a Battlefield 2 fan you will find this to be a long over due patch but there will be a lot of people playing it. A few key areas to highlight with the new patch:

- Support for Windows Vista
- Widescreen support
- Allows BF2.exe to utilize more than 2gb of ram
- Hitbox fixes (supposed to be more accurate)
- Changes to J10 and F35b to make them more balanced
- AA Tweaking
- You can prone past claymores
- New map called Operation Blue Pearl
- As well as the two booster packs Armored Fury, and Euro Force included

The patch is a large 2GB, and you need to have BF2 installed with Patch 1.41 installed already. - 1.5 installs over 1.41

My suggestion is to start downloading asap because with everyone downloading it is going to take awhile for the file to make its way through. I predict much of the community that was waiting for the BF 1943 PC release that got pushed back till 2010 will be dusting off there BF2 disk and playing again as we need something to hold us over until 1943, Bad Company 2 and BF3. All of which we can assume are delayed as they are all on the Frostbite engine which is having some apparent difficulties being ported over to PC for the first time.

* News on BF 1943 being held back: Battlefield 1943 for PC Release Date Pushed Back to Early 2010 | PC News

See you on the Battlefield!

haha...I may actually start playing it again now! When was the game released...like 2003, 2004?

I use to play this on xbox360. Pretty fun game. Now might be a good time to pick it up for PC. Cheap and a good patch possibly! Might start out on the new map to try and have a fighting chance out there! lol

Couldn't you get widescreen support before if you tweaked your game a little? I know you could do this in 2142. You had to dl something that some dude made. I wonder if that game has official widescreen support yet either. If I ever did go back to a bf game, it would definitely be 2142, hands down. I was never able to get near the same enjoyment from bf2 for some reason.

Now that bf1943 isn't coming out till next year, I'm not going to get it. It was going to be something to play until mw2. They lost a sale from me, and I'm sure they lost thousands more sales from people with the exact same reason as me. If they want to bring out a fraction of a game, it can't come out so soon after a triple A title like MW2.

Way to SUCK DICE!

I use to play this on xbox360. Pretty fun game. Now might be a good time to pick it up for PC.

I know what you are talking about. I don't think that that is the same thing.

I just bought it since it was only $10! I ran into some issues with the game last night. Nothing to bad, will make a new thread so I don't hijack this one.

I am currently reinstalling BF2 because of the new patch. I have BF2 and Special Forces installed, but am having to DL 1.41 and install it before I install 1.5. I thought I had 1.41 burned on a disk but it is 1.4 instead. >.< I just have to remember to burn both 1.41 and 1.5 to disk later. ;)

I installed 1.5 last night. I haven't played it yet. It's been about 6 months or so since I've fired up BF2. I'm gonna play for a bit today I think. I'm heading out to walmart in a bit to see if they have a decent mice.

Unfortunately, yet another Razer mouse has stopped working for me. This would make 4 out of 4. Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom