Help! I wrecked my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx for all your help but unforchnatly my parents wont pay to get my data recovered :(

It seems that only the C drive is corrupt. the D and E drive arent corrupt so im going to try and install Windows 98 on the E drive coz it only has 500mb and there is nothing i want on that drive so i can safely format it and recover my data from the C drive using programs on the internet that recover data from damaged partitons from searching for partition recovery at google.com

Ok thx for ur advice after using a Program called Active@ partition recovery i have now recovered my partitions from dos. However it looks like the Boot Record is invalid and when ever i start up my computer i get a blinking cursor. But i can browse my computer using Knoppix. :). Can anyone help me further recover my Boot Record thx

Thx i did that but it didnt work also when i try and reinstall windows using the recovery cd it dosent work :(

I fyou have access to another computer, slave this drive in and recover the data you need that way. then reinstall everything back to the original drive. Even an extra hard drive in this computer may help. Load the OS to the extra drive and work from it, your old drive being slaved into the system. hope this helps..........VSTK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom