Need some help with SLI upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo385

In Runtime
Hey everyone, you all helped me build a great computer a few months ago but I have a few issues.

1) The mobo that was sent was broke and the ethernet port was not working/quit working, want a upgrade.
2) The game that I play still does not run 100% all of the time, when I start having a lot going on in the game I start to lose graphics and they just do not show up.
3) About to buy a 2nd monitor and run 2.

I am wanting to buy another graphics card as well as a new/better mobo

My current build:

-EVGA GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

-OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage

-GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard (kind of want a new EVGA mobo)

-CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 (will upgrade if needed)

- Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core

I want to upgrade/replace:
Mobo
Power supply(if needed)

And what other graphics card should I get

Oh My current monitor is:

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG TOC T240 Rose Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 20000:1(1000:1) - LCD Monitors
New monitor will most likely be the same one or very close to it.

Thanks!!

P.S. I have been reading on here that new products should be coming out soon so if I need to wait a few months I will but, would like to get the mobo fixed kind of soon.

No I did not try to return it for new if that is what that means.

If I can get better then I might as well do that since I would have to move everything to a new board anyways. If my board sounds good to everyone though I will try to do that and see what comes of it. I just do not want to have to send it off and wait for a new one to come, having no computer in the 2-6 week process. :/

If you can RMA it, it would save you $250+. While it's in the process it will pass the time till the newer GPUs come out :D

Yea, if your board is bad there's no sense buying a new one. Just get an RMA from the manufacturer and you will get a replacement.

Ok, well I guess I will do that for now. I still need some ideas on my sli though. The board issues do not bug me as much as my game not working properly with so much $ into my rig.

I would want a new board or replacement board because when I did the sli I would lack the room for a second card because of >>> ethernet card.

Or you can buy the new board and sell the replacement board when it comes in. But you should test it before you sell it.

Video card, get another one just like it if possible. Thou it doesn't have to be from the same manufacturer or have the same speeds. I have a standard GTX 280 and a Overclocked GTX 280 in SLI, just make sure it's a GTX 285 1GB card.

This will work
Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGEGTX2851024OCBE GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Or this EVGA, it's been recertified and discounted if your brave
Newegg.com - Recertified: EVGA 01G-P3-1281-RX GeForce GTX 285 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

I would get the Corsair 750 watt power supply
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

or the 850 watt if you have an extra $20 :D
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom