Grampa's Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT300's the core name of an unreleased card by nVidia.

And SLI means two of the cards from nVidia, CrossfireX is two cards of AMD put together to get more performance.

He's saying new Nvidia card will be the GT300 and that he would have 2 of them running in SLI. SLI allows you to run multiple Nvidia GPU's together at once.

Edit: Vern beat me to it was looking at a different tab.

I'm pretty sure it'll be GTX/ GTS/ GT 300. nVidia did shift from 9000 series to GT/GTX/GTS series because I guess 10k series doesn't have the same ring :D/

Modern Warfare 2 will be out, so you can get that.

For strategy games, I don't believe there are any new ones coming out before you will build. As far as the recent ones go, the only decent one is Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2, and possibly Red Alert 3 if you are a C&C fan. If you decide to get dawn of war, be prepared to lose over and over and over again when you first start. You lose a lot at first in all rts games, but this one is particularly unforgiving. One little mess up in the early game can easily cost you the entire game.

I have Far Cry and the Orange box series and plan to see what FPS and strategy games are available when I finally finish. I really liked the Thief and Splinter Cell games as well.
Those games will easily run on the build I posted.

Though, if you're building it at the start of next year, there will be new graphics cards out by then.
Druid said:
For strategy games, I don't believe there are any new ones coming out before you will build
There's Starcraft 2.

Good ol starcraft and its futuristic gameplay. But by the time Starcraft 2 comes out it won't really be futuristic and we really will be flying through space :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom