My friends 9800 is way too fast!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently in the process of modifying my Radeon further. I'll bench it and post the score when it's done.

Anyway, thats pretty great that your friend with the 9800 Pro can play at those settings. As I said, my friend does it and don't know how. I am required to play Doom 3 with no AA or AF, 1024x768, and still get lag occasionally.

I can't see how they do it either... maxed out settings at 1280x1024 with NO lag whatsoever? I play on those settings and the fps does drop to 28-32 at some points (heavy combat with LOTS of lighting & shadowing going on). Like I say maybe it's in the v.sync... I dunno, I'm just clutching at straws...

DoomUK said:
I can't see how they do it either... maxed out settings at 1280x1024 with NO lag whatsoever? I play on those settings and the fps does drop to 28-32 at some points (heavy combat with LOTS of lighting & shadowing going on). Like I say maybe it's in the v.sync... I dunno, I'm just clutching at straws...

I can't even do that well. If I run at those settings, I get frames in the teens and single digits.

Exactly, and you've got an AMD 64 for flip's sake. Correct me if I'm wrong, but with me it might be a case of my CPU bottlenecking my GPU, but it still doesn't explain how a 9800 Pro on a similar-ish system can put out that kind of performance...

This has got me bugged! :eek:

play2loose - u should go over to your friends house, open his case just to look at the card, and verify that its a 9800pro.

then look at his display settings and see if hes running something different then u r... example- is he running it in 16bit res instead of 32? and with Vsync off?

go threw all his settings in windows advanced display, and inside Doom3's settings, and right everything down.

id be curiouse to know what the diff is that makes his 9800 run it better then your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom