overclocking my vid card

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
With stability in mind how far past the default settings could i push my Radeon 9600 pro? Default speeds 398.3 (core) 297.0 (mem). If cooling is an issue, i have a exaust slot fan below my vid card.

Thanks.

hmmm.. well what you'd want to go is take those numbers up little by little and everytime u take them up run a demanding 3d process like 3d mark or something... u know uve pushed it too far when u get errors or artifacts on 3d mark.. hope i helped.. but u shud wait for a cpl of more opinions before u go for it

Use ATi Tool to overclock.

I would recommend changing the cooling device as you won't be able to push it very far using the stock heatsink/fan.

Keep in mind that you will not be able to increase the memory's frequency very high without VRAM heatsinks, or something similar.

One more question, when you oc your video card every one says to clock it up a few Mhz at a time and look for artifacts when it has reached the peak. What exactly am i looking for when this occurs? Is it in the benchmarking software or what? Can some one describe this for me?

I have looked at the settings for my card and the core is at 397 and the memory is at 296, is this right? Every review I look at the memory is always higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom