ok so now. another problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chump

Baseband Member
so my mysteries problem was solved with a new processor. Now i also got this new 22" monitor and all is good untill.....this happened 3 times my monitor turns off and loses conection but everything else is still on (actulaly 2/3 times my keyboard turned off too) and it seemed like the only way to solve this was to just restart the computer. which sucks even more was that i was downloading a game client all day long and it was at 80 something % and now i have to download it again since IE does not resume downloads..

so my idea is my PSU isnt strong enough to handle my new CPU with my build.
power supply is 450w
new cpu is amd phenom II x4
video card: radeon 4830
windows xp mce

i can give more detailed info if needed.

I'd say it's either the power supply or the video card. What kinds of temps are you getting with the video card? Leave your gpu monitoring program running and see what the temp is just before the monitor cuts off.

well i was going to say it happens randomly but i went to check my temps anyway and while looking around it happened again (5th time in 2 days). The video card was sitting at 40'C and all my cores were at about 37'. Here is what everything is after i restarted from the monitor crash.

Should i try my old monitor for the day and see if it happens?

I'm no AMD expert but your CPU Vcore looks really low. I was expecting to see it around 1.25volts or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom