New Gaming Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nato91

Baseband Member
Hello! I'm in the process of building a new gaming build and was wondering if you guys could look over what im buying and make sure everything is compatible and that I wont regret buying it in 6 months. My biggest worry is that my PSU will be enough because I dont really understand much about that. Any input good or bad is appreciated. thanks! (oh and if I dont mention something then that means I already have it)

CPU : Intel Core i7 920

Mobo : Newegg.com - EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX X58 SLI LE Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

GPU : Newegg.com - EVGA 017-P3-1175-AR GeForce GTX 275 1792MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Ram : Newegg.com - CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1600C8D - Desktop Memory

Case and PSU :Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred + EA650 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 650W Power Supply - Computer Cases

HDD : Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Well Im trying not to go over $1200. Do you have any suggestions for a PSU? ( I'm also getting the Logitech G7 mouse to go with my G15 keyboard. Just didn't mention that because I didn't think there would be many objections lol)

Hmm Ok that works out quite well actually. Its about the same I would have been paying before so it all works out well. thanks! Another quick question though. Ive been looking into the EVGA step up program so I was wondering if it would allow me to upgrade from the GTX 260 to the new series when it comes out?

Nevermind. Looked into the EVGA step up program and I get the jist of it. Thanks alot

Oh I didn't mean I'm ordering it in 6 months, I'm ordering all this in a week or two. All I meant is that I wont be getting any hardware thats known for crapping out after a few months. thanks for the input.

Also thanks for suggesting that ram, I found it for $99 after rebate at micro center so I will definitely be going with that.

Also thanks for suggesting that ram, I found it for $99 after rebate at micro center so I will definitely be going with that.

Thanks. I just bought an i7 920 from MicroCenter myself, and need RAM/Mobo. Looks like I can get my RAM for a good price at MicroCenter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom