Building Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunabob69

Beta member
Hi guys.
Im building a pc that i will be using mainly for games (COD 4, CRYSIS, COD 5 etc.) and maybe a little video editing.

I would like to spend around $2000. This is what ive put together. tell me if i should change anything.

Thermaltake V9 Case
EVGA X58 3X SLI Motherboard
Intel Core i7 920
Sapphire Radeon HD4890 Vapor-X 2GB
OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 Platinum 3x2GB OCZ3P1600LV6GK
Western Digital Green 1TB WD10EADS
Lite-On IHAS324 DVDRW
Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2
BenQ G2420HD 24in Widescreen LCD Monitor
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System
Gigabyte GM-M6880 Laser Gaming Mouse
Logitech Compact Keyboard K300

Would the, OCZ Fatal1ty 700W SLI power supply be enough to run everything.
Thank you.

Do you know when the new series will be coming out in australia.

We get most things at the same time as everywhere else, but our suppliers are just slightly different (ie. evga is big in th US, but not in OZ)

I think the next series of video cards are due to come out before the end of the year, so within a few months - someone correct me if im worng though. Where are you getting it from in OZ?

We get most things at the same time as everywhere else, but our suppliers are just slightly different (ie. evga is big in th US, but not in OZ)

I think the next series of video cards are due to come out before the end of the year, so within a few months - someone correct me if im worng though. Where are you getting it from in OZ?

Im in melbourne but can get it shipped from anywhere in OZ.

Yea, they'll be out in a few months. I think I remember seeing ATI will be in September and Nvidia will be in October.

Yeah, the 5870's are coming out in September.
Nvidia's new cards are coming out a few months after. Probably be called GTX 380.

Nobody knows which cards will be faster. Though the 5870's are coming out earlier, and are likely to be priced aggressively.
I think the new AMD GPU will be cheaper to manufacture, just like the RV770 is against G200, while getting comparable performance.

Is there an MSY store near you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom