Grampa's Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Beta member
I am a little old for this but since my Sons got me gaming when they were living at home I have never stopped. At 62 I decided to build a gaming computer so I am going to the experts for some advice.

I have been thinking about using a big screen TV for this rig such as a 40 inch LCD or plasma so my first question is do you experts out there feel this is a good idea or am I getting too carried away? I have a room for this and the TV is not bought yet and when it is it will be for the gaming computer only. If this is the way to go then does it affect my selection of motherboards and chip-sets?

I am a nvidia fan and am leaning towards a SLI system so I would like your opinions about that as well.

I plan to operate this rig from a recliner in front of the big screen that will hang on the wall, I have a Microsoft trackball and ideazon gaming keyboard, both are a little old but I like them and would like to keep them if they will still work with the new equipment.

This build will probably not begin until the first of the year and I will have about $1000. for the computer section. The TV is not included in this figure obviously.

I think the case, motherboard and chip-set and gaming cards and how they will match with the bif screen should be my first question.

I do not need to have all cutting edge equipment and realize that is not possible with the budget I set up but to go over a few dollars would not be a problem.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Quincy

The TV should work fine, just make sure it has a HDMI input and it's a HD 1080P (which supports 1920x1200).

It's almost impossible to give you any hardware advise right now as new hardware and new pricing will occur numerous times between now and the 1st of the year. Just keep visiting us and reading all the new reviews that come out til then :D

A lot of systems are going to be crazy with all of the new stuff coming out, hopefully the competition will drive down prices some so I can build a new system too :D.

Sorry if it seems like that was out there, just emphasizing on how much is going to change very soon.

^ yep Intel is releasing new CPU's in September and ATI is coming out with DX11 cards in sep too, as well as Nvidia releasing their DX11 cards in October.

Yeah, I can't wait for all that new stuff, and I'm not even going to be getting any of it. I just want to see the benchmarks.

Thanks guys for your input.

Guttzu...Is the SLI gt300 a new gaming card from nvidia?

Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom