Building a Gaming Rig with $700 Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
That one's only got one 6 pin as well... Do those adapters effect voltages at all? Or are 6pins just more expensive to make so they don't include 2 of them?

No you wouldn't need any adapters with that one, although I personally wouldn't use it. Never really heard of that brand and it has two rails. Don't quote me on this but I remember reading somewhere that a single higher capacity rail is more reliable and better than two.

I'd recommend this one Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies Far better brand and has a single +12v Rail. My Corsair's been running perfectly for 2 months so far, and everyone else seems to prefer Corsairs as well.

As for case fans I'm not sure. Wait till you get the case and see if the airflow is good or not. Depends on if you're getting another heat sink as well. With my case; the centurion 534, the airflow was great with the stock HSF, but once you get that big chunk of metal in there it kinda messed things up. Bought some scythe 1600rpm slipstreams, they're not the quietest, but the blow a lot of air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom