Cooling fans????

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
A bit of advice is sort here peeps. I have just unplugged the fan which is on the outer case which doesn't seem to do too much is it alright to do this as my pc is a fair bit quieter with only thecpu fan running. I am checking the temp of my cpu and it dont seem to different in fact it seems the exact same. There is nothing else in my pc apart from the CPU that the fan is intended for so it should be alright to keep this fan unplugged shoudlnt it. If something starts to go wrong i.e. core temp gets to high will it be alright to run my pc without the cover on?

If your temps are okay then you should be fine. That case fan is just designed to move the hot air out of the case. If temperatures stay consistent you shouldn't have a problem leaving in unplugged.

You could always replace it too if it is broken...

No I am not overclocking or anything that will use a lot of power just normal stuff such as interweb and word docs, and so on, (yep the more mundain and now quieter aspects of computing). ;)

EDIT No its not broke its just adding to the noise and when i have my pc on and my TV I have to crank the vloume up a far way and now I dont. I may even buy a new heatsink which is quieter than the one that come with my Dual core cpu can anyoe recomend any?

What's your CPU? Also, if your heatsink supports it or not, your BIOS probably has a fan setting somewhere in there, and you could turn it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom