Battle of the Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubFusion

In Runtime
After much deliberation and extensive searching online, reading reviews and getting some friends opinions, ive narrowed the cocoon for my new build down to 2. Case number one is a COOLER MASTER HAF 932, its got great cooling and some extra niceties, however case number two is the popular Antec Twelve Hundred.

Just for some info on what im using my computer for, which is mostly heavy gaming (2x GPU's SLI), video editing, and running Pro Tools 8 (recording and editing music.)

My dilemma is, i want a case pretty much exactly like the Antec but I don't want to have the case that "everyone else" has, so does the Cooler Master have as much cooling capabilities as the Antec? Should i just suck it up and go with the Antec because its obviously popular for a reason a.k.a. cooling and space? Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Any help would be appreciated...

Unless you hang with a crowd of performance geeks you won't have a case that everyone else has. If you want it to be unique, mod it. Just be warned that once you start modding it can be very addictive.

The HAF 932 is turning into quite a popular case also. I'm sure you'll be happy with either case. Between those 2 cases I would pick the Antec. Personally I think you should go all out and buy a Lian-Li and mod it up yourself. This one is a new arrival so you'll have something different for sure.

Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A70F Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

I'd have to second that, I'm also partial to the Lian Li's, especially for modding yourself.

I've never used the HAF but I do have a twelve hundred for my folding rig and it works great, no complaints. I made some modifications for wire management but I'm anal when it comes to wire management.

Is the CM Cosmos S as good for air cooling than the Antec 1200?

The 1200 is my ideal case due to the air cooling, space and especially the dust filters! dust and poor cable management options are my pet hates.

Im not sure im ready yet to drop two bills on a case that i would mod myself... My skills just aren't there yet. I mean i like the look of the Lian-Li's but as i said before, im not ready to drop that kind of money on a case that i might screw up on.

How do you guys feel about the Thermaltake Spedo Advance Package? This case is really starting to grow on me.

I have an HAF932 and my friend has the Antec 1200, and personally I prefer the HAF (I have made builds in each case). Only thing I prefer about the 1200 is the black interior :D I have to say the HAF has better cooling, or at least more airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom